Day 06 | Soft Talk at Home
All of our personal relationships are built on communication, and chronically using Soft Talk is a great way to add frustration and uncertainty into our lives.
Definition: Soft Talk is the excessive use of softening words to create ambiguity, uncertainty and avoidance about a particular concept or choice.
- “I should PROBABLY spend more time with the kids”
- “Let's THINK about doing that this weekend”
- “MAYBE we should talk about this”
- Grooming, gossip, and the evolution of language | R.I.M. Dunbar – Harvard University Press – 1996
- Robin Dunbar | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Dunbar
Technique: Use Solid Talk when you want to make pivotal life decisions.